i went up to the bank today and they said i had over drafted.so they gave me a copy of all the items i purchased.

I got to looking at the paper after i got home and added all of the items up and it was $496.23 . I don't understand how i over drafted because i had $507.17 in the bank before i spent anything this month. .

they took out for over drafting when i still had $15.93 in the bank.I think that is messed up when i did not overdraft in the first place.

Had an Experience with First Convenience Bank?

Comments

michelle20162016

I filed a claim because my account was I'm the negative and i found out the charges was from microsoft.Did a 3way with them as they required and microsoft said i had to take it up with my bank.

Come to find out this was not the first time that microsoft has been used on this account, but i never noticed because then this account was for everything, but since about a month ago i opened a new account and transfered everything over. So i now what i have in the account because i have to put it in there. I get a call from the bank saying they denied my claim because the account had been used on the past for this. Yeah i found that out when i filed the claim, but decided to let it go since i did catch it them.

I just filed the claim for what i knew of.

So I'm negative $330.I need to change banks and close out the accounts.

First of all a lot of customers do not know how to manage their money well.If y'all would use the tools that bank offers like online banking, mobile banking, check registers, pocket registers, and overdraft protection then maybe y'all wouldn't have any issues with any kind of fees.

If y'all would read the disclosures that are given whenever the account is opened it reads any kind of fees that the account may occur and cut off times. It all falls down to paying attention and understanding. I am pretty sure that the friendly staff would help with any concerns y'all might have. Believe me this bank does a lot for their customers.

They are open 7 days a week, extended hours (while other bank close at 5 or 6 pm) only closed 3 days out of the year, (while other banks CLOSED on other holidays) do not need to have direct deposit to have a "free account," (waive monthly fee) free DMC, free money orders, free check cashing, and free online services.What more can you ask for??!?

to Awesome Bank #1399323

You can not trust their mobile banking I learned that the hard way!

this bank is the biggest ripoff i have ever seen.

I keep a register and also use to my advantage the FREE online banking so I know whats going on on MY account and surprisingly enough I have NEVER over drafted my account and since I use my card well over the 5 purchase requirement I have NEVER had any maintenance fees either, wow it sure is nice to not have those unnecessary expenses.If you don't keep a register and u call or ask for your balance do you complain when you dont get fees as well??

Because how I SEE IT IS YOU LET THE BANKS COMPUTERS KEEP UP WITH YOUR FUNDS AND YOU STAY HAPPY UNTIL YOU SEE SOMETHING YOU DONT LIKE YOU SHOULDNT GIVE UP ON THE SYSTEM IF YOU BELIEVED IT WAS RIGHT THEN IT DOSENT MAKE IT WRONG JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IT SAYS.

IF YOU HAD A REGISTER YOU COULD COMPARE AND KNOW IF YOU OR THE SYSTEM WAS TO FAULT BUT YOU DONT SO UNTIL YOU TAKE ON THE RESPONSIBILITY OF KEEPING UP WITH YOUR MONEY YOU JUST SOUND LIKE SOMEONE WHO NEEDS A REALITY CHECK.TAKE THE INITIATIVE AND START KEEPING A REGISTER AND USE THE STATEMENT YOU GET MONTHLY TO COMPARE AGAINST YOUR REGISTER AND I BET THOSE FEES DONT SHOW BACK UP

PP, of course it's not the banks responsibility to balance your transactions, but sometimes, mistakes happen.Other banks (Those with immediate cash deposit ATM's like Chase and BOA) do not punish you hundreds of dollars for the same mistake like 1st Convenience does so long as you catch it within a few hours.

In my opinion, it's just dumb to take punishment like that over and over when there are better options out there.Sure, be more diligent in balancing your checkbook, but leaving your money in a bank like this is just asking for trouble!

jobobhowdy

The reason you got overdrafted is same as mine...When your account gets under 20$ Their computers can trigger to charge you the maintainence fee as well as low balance fee.

Sending your account negative and making them alot of money off transactions you made for drinks and cheap stuff.

I bought a 35$ Red Bull before as well as a 35$ meal from Whataburger.Neat little trick they have.

I was right by the bank when I mistakenly withdrew 10 dollars more than was in my account...I walked over to the counter and said here ya go I just withdrew 20$ to much.

They then informed me that I owed 3 overdraft fee's of 35 dollars... 1 for the initial overdraft then another for the maintanence fee and another for the low balance fee... I found it interesting that the moment my account goes negative the bank programs their computers to immediatly charge their customers the maintanence fee and low balance fee...

buncha crooks..anyways I got it refunded cause I signed up for some power account or some ***

That is unfortunate, but that is why they offer free internet banking and check registers b/c it is not the banks responsibility to balance your transactions.